Caregivers work tirelessly and need time to relax and recharge their spirits. Dance has powerful healing effects on the mind, body and emotions. Dance movements provide healing benefits that help to keep you calm. Dance is a great way to help keep you in shape.
Here are 10 reasons to participate in dance
- You enjoy yourself through dance and keep physically fit. Dance exercises your body to allow for increased circulation. It helps burn calories away while improving your stamina
- When you dance you increase your confidence and self esteem through freedom of movement. Dance elevates your mood by raising your endorphin levels. This allows you to heal stress and depression. It helps to establish your self-confidence and self-discipline. It improves the harmony between your mind and body, resulting in a sense of well-being.
- Dance provides a way to keep your muscles toned your joints healthy and enhances your strength and flexibility. It helps to keep your joints lubricated for the prevention of arthritis
- Dance improves your posture and balance. It is a great way to keep your Central Nervous System and Peripheral Nervous System in good shape by improving the connection of your body to your mind.
- Dance makes you happy as your personality shines through your expression.
- You meet new people and make new friends. Friends help you grow, make you laugh and support you as you learn.
- You improve your overall health. Dancing has no cultural barriers. People from every corner of the world, with different ideologies, meet on the dance floor. Cultural interaction improves your health by expanding your mind and sharing your spirit!
- Dance improves your balance. Balancing yourself in one position may be easy, but balancing in the numerous types of positions involved in dancing is much more difficult. Dancers have mastered the ability to balance themselves in a number of positions. This strengthens your stabilizer muscles, while protecting your core keeping you less prone to injury in your daily live.
- Dance improves your memory by making you recall steps, routines and dance patterns. This is a great mental exercise for your brain. The big benefit is that increasing mental exercise keeps your mind young, quick, alert and open.
- Dance is fun. It encourages good grooming for better health.
This summer, take a load off, go dancing and have much fun. Embrace time set aside for doing whatever you wish to do. Go dancing and stay forever young.